i think from now on im going to make each day a sort of theme day. like Mondays: Nostalgia Music Monday, we'll all take a step into the music time capsule and pick out a good song from the 60's 70's 80's. let me know what you think of that idea. Today will be wondering Wednesday; so lets discuss Schrodinger's Cat, the idea is that if we put a cat in a box (that we cannot see into, no cameras. nothing) and close the box. While the cat is in the box it is both dead and alive until we open the box and see what has happened. think about it if you leave your friend in a room and leave while you're gone he/she is both dead and alive. Once we come back and check, then we know. Until then they are both dead and alive.
Discuss away.

Interesting. That thought never crossed my mind. But I guess its kind of like, if a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound? I guess.
ReplyDeleteI like your days of the weeks idea too.
Schrodinger was a sadist, that is all. :P
ReplyDeleteFollowed.
bigunicorn.blogspot.com
i am with roybbiv here, he is alive till he is not(heart stoped, blood flow stoped, brain died). it reminds me of the thought: what if we were born 30 seconds ago and all are memories are fake. strange thoughts... i know just that i dont know anything at all ^^ keep up your blog!
ReplyDeleteSchrodinger's Cat love the experiment its one the best would never do it its just to mean
ReplyDeletelol wow thats a interesting way to look at it
ReplyDeleteLearned about this in my Physics class.
ReplyDeleteSchrödinger also came up with an equation for quantum mechanics, and it is basically an uncertainty principle that states that one cannot know the specific location and momentum of an electron at one point in time.
He had the best cat, you can make as many assumptions as you like but the reality is. You know nothing until visual proof has been established.
ReplyDeleteI like the music idea.
ReplyDeleteNot much for Schrodinger.
+Follow =]
I like to discuss about these thing while being high hehe, I def want read more about this ideas.
ReplyDeleteInteresting that it's considered dead or alive until you open the box
ReplyDeleteThemed days would be good, but don't let it stick you in a corner and wonder what to blog about!
ReplyDeleteInteresting idea for theme days. Followed.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good plan.
ReplyDeleteYou can observe something through a mirror without changing the outcome.
ReplyDeleteHaha nice idea, like this blog. Will follow :)
ReplyDeleteOld school idea. I like it an amazing concept discovered for its time. Following.
ReplyDeleteI think quantum mechanic principles being a plied to a cat is absurd, the cat is either alive or dead. The metaphor is ok, but realistically observing it is not going to alter its state.
ReplyDeleteGood point Jennifer Black
ReplyDeletegood point cool_cicler
ReplyDeleteSchrodinger's Fat:
ReplyDeleteA fat person is left in the kitchen.
When you close the door, you do not know if your food is still there, or if it has been devoured.
good read.
ReplyDeleteGreat stuff
ReplyDeleteBasically like, if a tree falls in a forest, and there's no one around to hear it, does it make a sound? We will never know..
ReplyDeleteWe talked about this in our philosophy class, I would have to say that it is alive until it is actually dead (as others stated). It would know it is alive, since it could still move. So...I think it is a silly proposition, in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteThough good idea to talk about, keep bringing those up. I love those topics.
i always did like the notion of schrodingers cat.. one of those things that puts your head in a sort of maelstrom of conclusive thought.. must follow
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great idea. It'll give your followers a different reason everyday to visit your blog! I'll visit your blog again for updates
ReplyDeletethats a great idea! looking forward
ReplyDeleteSounds good! I've been thinking about doing themes on my blog as well
ReplyDeleteNostalgia music monday, good stuff!
ReplyDeletefollowing
I dunno, I think everything disappears when I close my eyes. Everything was created when I was born, and will cease to exist when I die.
ReplyDeletehaha, this just reminded me that we used to have theme days in highschool. man i miss those days..
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a good idea I think it will make your blog way better.
ReplyDeleteYeah I agree with Extrava
ReplyDeleteive always wanted to have a whole week where i live in the 90s.
ReplyDeleteListen to a walkman
wear 90's clothes
use outdated 90s colloquialisms
it would be bomb.
follow!
What about 50's rock and roll? Great stuff there, 1+ follower.
ReplyDeletethat is something to ponder. I guess it can apply to anything
ReplyDeletegreat plan, followed
ReplyDeleteGreat idea :) will keep reading it!
ReplyDeleteI always thought this thing was stupid....While you're not in the room the cat isn't both dead and alive, it's one or the other but you just don't know which (most likely alive) Simples! I never got why this was such a philosophical question.
ReplyDeletethx for the post!
ReplyDeletegreat post. following you
ReplyDeletethat's a good idea, a new theme every day. :)
ReplyDeleteSchrodinger's Cat was used to describe how one could never observe the exact location of an electron, and it got the job done. But, applying it in other ways is interesting if not a little weird to do... oh well!
ReplyDeleteI'm a bit too optimistic too imagine a dead cat in a box
ReplyDeleteI'm with oops! Haha, I would never want to imagine a dead cat in a box. :( poor thing!
ReplyDeleteFear of the unknown.... >.>
ReplyDeletethat sounds like a really good idea. we had theme days for homecoming week in high school and college, not a bad idea to apply it to your blog!
ReplyDeleteMight have to take this idea.
ReplyDelete